Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Transfer day!

He wrote an email telling us "So heres the lowdown on transfers. Elder Mcdaniel got a call saturday afternoon from President Pearson and he was told he was going to be his next assistant. So he got called to be A. P. and he was shocked, but i think he was the only person was, we all know he's going to be amazing there. We then got a call from president pearson a little while later and Elder Jones is Going to Steillacoom which is the neighboring area and he is going to be a district leader, he's still in the lakewood zone. And Elder Reyes and I are still here in Lakewood...Woo Hoo! so we are in another foursome and Elder Schultz, who has been an A.P. for the last like 7 months or something (and is arguably the best most talented teacher/missionary in the mission) is one of our new companions, along with Elder Blake who is a new missionary fresh off the plane. I'm extremely excited, and i keep thinking i must have done something right in the pre-mission life to have deserved such good fortune ha ha. I was extremely sad to see Elder Mcdaniel go but also excited to work with elder schultz. this is amazing, I'm Learning from the best! I hope i can someday be as good a teacher and an example as these guys. Its also cool for me to see how much i learned last transfer, through elder blake. He's going to be a good missionary and i'm excited to take part in his teaching and growth."

He also says that he has been noted as the best dressed missionary in his zone. And " i'll be looking for Ryan in the choir next week. I'm So Excited about conference next weekend and to take part in the solumn (sorry about the spelling) assembly. Deandre, that investigator that i told you about is so Legit and he is way excited about coming and seeing the prophet. I'm excited to be a part of that sustaining of president monson as well. We have been challanged that we pray to have the spirit testify to us that Thomas S. Monson has been called to be a prophet of God and we have been promised that during that special meeting on saturday it will be witnessed to us through the holy spirit that he is a prophet of god, and when we have that spiritual experience, we've been asked to write it down. I issue that same challange to each of you. Pray for that Knowledge when you got to that meeting, and i know that when you do that you will recieve a confermation that is unique to you. so write it down and remember it always. Keep that in mind this week and prepare yourself spiritually for that meeting because it's truely going to be amazing. I'm Stoked!"

He ended by saying "I love Lakewood and i'm so excited to still be here. we ar going to have an amazing transfer and we are going to bring even more people to the gospel than last transfer. I'm particular excited about deandre who i have been with from the beginning, he's getting baptised sunday and he's way excited, and he's going to bring alot of others to the truth, including his wife laschelle. he came to church on sunday and ate it all up, to say the least. he even participated in sunday school making comments and answering questions! he then told me after all the meetings how much he respected us as missionaries, and i told him how i was naturally shy and it is hard for me to start up conversation, he respected that and thinks is cool that i am so passionate about this message. it made me realize how that truely is why i'm here, its hard work but this is a message that i know can change lives, and there is nothing else i want to do right now then to share this message. we can all share it, in our own way, but this is a unique opportunity for me and i love it. We are blessed to know what we do."

No comments: